An opportunity has become available for a suitably qualified and experienced Transport Manager with Cross Boarder experience. The position is located in Durban.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the Road Transport Department and optimise Operational Performance
- Lead the Team and ensure effective People Management
- Ensure Distributor / Customer support by maximising Customer Service in all aspects of the Business
- Manage all Sub-contractors and Stakeholders and maintain good business relationships
- Provide accurate preparation and efficient submission of all Reports and Statistics (daily / weekly / monthly)
- Manage and maintain all Invoicing to Customers and Payments to Suppliers
- Manage and maintain all Documents pertaining to Local and Cross Border Operations
- Development, implementation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and Process Flows for all responsible areas in order to improve customer service, ensure legal compliance, reduce overall costs, uphold health & safety and reduce environmental impact.
- Act as Senior Liaison with Customers and Suppliers, pertaining to high level matters
- Development, implementation and maintenance of Service Level Agreements with all Suppliers.
- Manage and maintain Budgets by planning, implementing and controlling income and expenses as well as adhering to budget time lines.
- Ensure effective Cost Management and efficient reporting on Non-Conformances.
- Manage and maintain total Carrier Fleet and Compliancy (registrations, licences, local & cross border permits, fuel cards, etc)
- Manage and maintain Departmental Road Traffic Management System (RTMS) Accreditation.
- Plan and conduct annual Freight Negotiations and Quarterly Adjustments.
- Plan, conduct and report on annual Road / Route Surveys.
- Manage and maintain all Departmental Occupational Health, Safety & Environmental aspects.
- Manage, coordinate and support all Departmental Audits and Business Continuity Plans.
- Support and manage Departmental and Individual Projects and take relevant steps to address Non-Conformances and Delays.
- Manage and maintain carrier Performance Based System (PBS) approvals and measures.
- Manage and coordinate all Employee Relations.
- Manage and coordinate all Insurance Claims pertaining to Assets and Commodities.
- Reporting and coordination of all carrier related Accidents, Incidents, Breakdowns and Other Matters (theft, industrial/protest action, driver illnesses, etc) within strict time parameters.
Experiential and Educational requirements:
- Matric (or equivalent)
- Degree / National Diploma in Transport Management (or related)
- Minimum 8 years experience in the Logistics / Transport Industry
- Minimum 5 years experience in Road Transport Management
- Minimum 3 years Cross Border experience in the Logistics / Transport Industry
- Valid Code 8 (B) Driver’s License
- Road Traffic Management System (RTMS) experience (essential)
- Knowledge of the National Road Transport Act (essential)
- Computer Literacy (intermediate to advanced)
- Intermediate Financial Management and Management Accounts Knowledge (essential)
- Car-Carrier type transportation experience (advantageous)
- Car- Carrier Performance Based System experience (advantageous)
- Basic Forex knowledge for cross border operations
- Knowledge of Tracking and Risk Management Systems such as Tracker and DriveCam
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted