A Manufacturing Company in North Coast has a vacancy for Senior IT Administrator (Syspro ERP Administrator).
Controls and co-ordinates the Information Systems technical and support function by monitoring and maintaining the wide and local area network in respect of breakdown and performance, controlling user access to the remote and local information network, installing, upgrading computer systems and operating hardware/ software and providing support and training to all users in order to ensure the information system capacity and capability are optimally and efficiently utilised and an acceptable level of uninterrupted performance is sustained. Responsible for maintaining the company's IT network, servers, and security systems.
In this role, you will act as a liaison between technical and non-technical people within the Company. You must have strong customer service and communication skills, both written and oral. Excellent organizational skills are a must for this fast paced, high visibility location.
NETWORK ADMINISTRATION AND CONTROL
Controls and supports the wide and local area information network by
- Communicating with users on breakdowns and performance.
- Communicating externally (Service Providers) online/cable/ Wi-fi faults.
- Ensuring the necessary data protection measures /protocols are implemented (Transfer Control Protocol/Internet Protocol).
- Updating software versions and implementing changes at operating level (Anti-Virus, etc).
- Conducting diagnostic checks/fault finding and maintenance of servers.
- Monitor the operation of the Time Control System & VIP Payroll Systems – and report such faults to the Service Provider and follow-up till rectification.
- Adding/deleting new users /terminals/codes and to the network.
- Allocating unique terminal addresses, user password and identification codes.
- Attending to the back-up of data files (on and off-site copies).
- Manage and Maintain Cloud Back-up and Disaster Recovery Plan
- Carry out Data restore and Verification of data.
- Enabling files/print and service sharing between customers.
- Implementing controls to prevent unauthorised personnel executing specific programs.
HARDWARE/ SOFTWARE SUPPORT
Performs specific tasks related to the provision of Hardware/ Software Support by:
- Installing/configuring and maintaining specific components and devices of the computer system.
- Testing and solving of logs.
- Conducting analysis of systems to ensure operation within specification.
- Maintaining data dictionaries and controlling the distribution and retention of data on various storage devices.
- Diagnosing specific software related problems, interacting with vendors/consultant, and resolving such problems.
- Performing upgrades and repairs to components/ peripheral devices.
- Setting up, installing, and testing new units prior to allocation.
- Seeking approvals and undertaking all modification / upgrade to existing systems.
In order to ensure the provision of quality hardware and software technical support to the entire customer, enabling the accomplishment of acceptable performance standards.
Provides an effective end user support function to ERP queries and Applications by:
- Receiving and logging all support calls.
- Prioritising calls/ specific requests.
- Trouble shooting less complex problems with remote and local users online/telephonically.
- Providing assistance to new users with start-up/log-on procedures.
- Guiding users on specific processes, tools, and applications with the introduction of new software.
- Providing on the job training to users on Microsoft Office applications and electronic mail procedures.
- Provide ERP reports and other reports to end users as required.
In order to ensure user functionality is optimised and problems related to performance is promptly resolved minimising downtime.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, connection, printer, and software issues reported to the Service Desk.
- Update network applications as required.
- Maintain daily backup and off-site storage.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all problems encountered with hardware and software. Escalate requests to the appropriate party, as needed. Replace or repair defective parts and equipment.
- Conduct technology training for new users!
- Provide support to the Technology team.
- Conduct briefings and demonstrations for users to enhance system productivity.
- Assist in the development of training coursework and materials.
- Maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise.
- Attend courses to develop and keep skills and knowledge current.
- Comply with continuing education requirements.
- Increase efficiencies, technical ability, and interpersonal skills.
- Perform routine server monitoring and performance benchmarking.
- Monitor and remove virus, spyware, and other non-authorized software.
- Complete special projects as requested.
Experience and Qualification:
- Grade 12/Matric
- Diploma or Degree in Information Technology
- Minimum of 3years experience in same or similar role
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of IT Operating system
- Hands on experience of installing IT hardware and software.
- Good organizational skills
- Good time management
- Clear criminal record
Should you not be contacted within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.