A higher educatrion institution is looking to fill the role of a Payroll Manager. Please note that this is a contract position (SIX MONTHS). Requirements are as follows:
- Effectively manage the monthly payroll of a staff compliment of +_1000 inclusive permanent and fixed term appointments.
- Ensure accurate timeous processing of all payroll input including but not limited to, Overtime, back pays, allowances, bonuses, leave pay, claims, etc.
- Ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely.
- Supervision, training and couching of payroll staff
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations in consultation with the Human resources department.
- Calculate and provide annual scales to HR, based on approved rates.
- Partner with HR and benefits department in aligning and implementing smooth payroll process.
- Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect current employee base, including scales, benefits, sick and vacation time in line with contracts, employment letters.
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports and balance sheet recons as related to payroll.
- Ensure all statutory payroll deductions and taxes i.e. third party payments are deducted, reconciled and paid over accurately and timeously.
- Review and approve leave and bonus provision journals.
- Ensure timeous monthly submission of the PAYE, UIF, SDL returns and submissions, and obtaining tax clearance in this regard.
- Ensure timeous annual declaration and submissions of the EMP501.
- Ensure timeous annual declaration and submission of COIDA, and obtaining valid certificate.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and internal policies and procedures
- Assist with all internal and external audit requirements as related to payroll.
- Collaborate with financial accountant to ensure all accounting records as related to payroll are kept update, and accurate.
- Ensure all payroll records are kept on file, in safe orderly fashion.
- 2-5 years’ experience managing a payroll and managing staff.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in working on ERP system
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel)
- Knowledge and experience of payroll taxes
- Ability to manage and lead staff to excellent performance
- Must be a team player
- Must be highly organized
- A keen eye for detail
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Added advantage experience in working with ITS system.
- Preference will be given to applicants that have worked in HIGHER EDUCATION INSITUTION
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent HR qualification with Payroll.
- Payroll certification is an advantage.