Highly organized and analytical individual required to lead Packing & Logistics Team. This deadline focused individual with excellent communication skills will be required to:
- Ensure that all printed finished goods are checked and packed according to instructions
- Ensure that finished goods are packed & delivered as per customer requirements & deadline.
- Day to day management of Packing & Logistics Dept.
- Work closely with the team in order to effectively deliver new solutions to the business.
- Provide packaging solutions for new products and intricate projects/campaigns.
- Ensure that all packaging products meets with customer and business expectations and whilst adhering to quality and safety standards
- Manage and develop cost saving initiatives in conjunction with the team
- Supplier management and constantly investigating new logistic solutions
- Continuously aim to improve processes and work-flow in the department
- Ensure that quality checks are performed on all completed jobs in packaging
- Internal Communication with relevant departments regarding delivery deadlines
Qualification and experience required
- Relevant National Diploma / Degree in Logistics or Production Management
- Min 5 years’ experience in a despatch environment at the supervisory level
- Min 2 years’ related work experience within the print media distribution environment
- Thorough knowledge and expertise in effective workflow creation within a picking and packing environment
- Existing relationships within the South African freight and Logistics industry (Suppliers)