The purpose of this role is the management of, and accountability for the effective and efficient functioning of all human capital functions, including inputs and assistance to the senior management teams of all businesses and the Head: Human Capital pertaining to strategic development and all policies, procedures and projects covering all areas of human capital.
- Develop the short- and long-term human capital strategy for the businesses through analysis and consultation with the businesses
- Ensure implementation of human capital strategies, as part of the business strategy of the respective divisional companies.
- Custodian of policies, procedure and documentation management, ensuring compliance thereof
- Implementation and managing the changes to legislation
- Ensure legislative certification/compliance with all government bodies is maintained
- Manage the activities of the human capital consultant and human capital administrator ensuring a high sense of ownership and highly effective operational capabilities, able to operate current activities with little supervision
- Develop a culture of development and ensure that the human capital function partners with line management on all developmental aspects of their teams
- Support the pace of change required by the business objectives
- Evaluate structure, job design, and manpower forecasting throughout the company to ensure that the organisation is aligned with its business objectives and challenges.
- Ensure that compensation & benefit policies and practices support a growing organisation and pro-actively identify and close policy and process gaps
- Manage employee relations matters and processes. Ownership of disciplinary action instituted against employees
- Manage the human capital service delivery and payroll of the organisation.
- Co-ordinate recruitment and selection with the assistance of the Careers Desk, including managing new employee on-boarding processes.
- Coordinate and manage the skills development / training and development within the company – establish skills requirements for the organisation by meeting with managers to plan skills development for the different areas of the business.
- Co-ordinate and drive all activities required to ensure improvement in employment equity statistics.
- Compile and manage the human capital, training and head count budgets for the company, ensuring no over expenditure.
- Provide guidance to management on remuneration and reward matters.
- Preparation and submission of various human capital-related reports.
- Manage and coordinate performance management system and career development process.
- Drive the implementation of the succession planning process.
- Develop organisational structures for departments based on business strategy and plans.
- Manage all change projects in the business area.
- Minimum 3-year tertiary qualification in Human Resources Management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a human resources management role in an organisation with a headcount of approximately 1000 staff
- Experience in the BPO industry an advantage
- Good knowledge of South African labour legislation
- Good business acumen to identify business challenges and make recommendations to management as to overcome these challenges
- Excellent understanding of the BBBEE Codes of Good Practice – preferably the ICT Codes of Good Practice
- Good employee relations experience
- Experience in organisational design
- Experience in compiling remuneration models and incentive schemes
- Organisational development and change management experience
Should you not be contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.