An opportunity has become available for a Financial Account preferably with completed articles. The incumbent will provide support to the Finance Manager by performing operational finance functions across two South African legal entities.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Completing month end closing processes accurately and within required deadlines
- Managing month end, quarterly and year end reporting deadlines
- Maintaining and reviewing monthly controls (i.e. payment instructions, creditor reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations)
- Assisting Distribution with stock movements and write down approvals
- Ensuring a smooth audit and finalization of annual financial statements
- Supervision and training of support staff within the finance division
- Managing harmonization projects for integration with the holding company
- Providing support to the Finance Manager with special projects, in addition to general daily operational requirements.
Applicants must have the following mix of qualifications, experience and competencies:
- BCom Accounting Honours degree (preferably completed articles),
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position,
- Strong computer skills with exceptional proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint,
- Previous experience supervising people, and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks,
- Technical acumen with a high degree of accuracy and analytical ability
- Project management experience
Only shortlisted will be candidates.