An opportunity has become available for a suitably qualified and experienced Night Shift Supervisor in Durban on a 6 month fixed term contract.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the supervision of night shift production from a safety perspective within specific production areas. The incumbent’s secondary duties will include ensuring production runs efficiently and product quality meets customer expectations
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring safe work procedures and safe work practices are maintained across the production facilities.
- Ensuring GMP conditions are maintained within the production facilities, and that product manufactured meets design specifications.
- Monitoring production output across the factories and ensuring that production targets and production plans are being met.
- Recording and reporting all problems experienced on the production lines to the cell leaders and factory manager.
- Leading nightshift teams, and communicating and encouraging effectively across these teams.
- Recording, investigating and reporting all material and labour variances to the factory manager, and developing methods to reduce waste on an ongoing basis.
- Enforcing attendance and timekeeping standards
- Diploma/Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, and or production management.
- 3 to 5 years Operational Management / Production Management experience.
- Must have managed a team of at least 60 staff members
Should you not be contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.