A higher education institution is looking fill the role of a Payroll Financial Officer on a six months' contract basis. requirements and duties are as follows:
- Effectively process the monthly payroll of a staff compliment of +_1000 inclusive permanent and fixed term appointments.
- Ensure accurate timeous processing of all payroll input including but not limited to, Overtime, back pays, allowances, bonuses, leave pay, claims, etc.
- Ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely.
- Assist payroll manager in calculating and providing annual scales to HR, based on approved rates.
- Work closely with HR and benefits department in aligning and implementing smooth payroll process.
- Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect current employee base, including scales, benefits, sick and vacation time in line with contracts, employment letters.
- Assist payroll manager in preparation of relevant management reports and balance sheet recons as related to payroll.
- Preparation of statutory payroll deductions and taxes i.e. third party payments are deducted, reconciled and paid over accurately and timeously.
- Prepare leave and bonus provision journals.
- Prepare timeous monthly preparation of the PAYE, UIF, SDL returns and submissions.
- Assist with compilation annual declaration and submissions of the EMP501.
- Assist with timeous annual declaration and submission of COIDA, and obtaining valid certificate.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and internal policies and procedures
- Assist with all internal and external audit requirements as related to payroll.
- Collaborate with financial accountant to ensure all accounting records as related to payroll are kept update, and accurate.
- Ensure all payroll records are kept on file, in safe orderly fashion.
- 2- 3 years’ experience in processing of payroll.
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in working on ERP system
- Knowledge and experience of payroll taxes
- Ability to work independently
- Must be a team player
- Must be highly organized
- A keen eye for detail
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Added advantage experience in working with ITS system
- Preference will be given to applicants taht have worked in higher education institution
- Diploma in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent HR qualification with Payroll.
- Payroll certification is an advantage.