An exciting opportunity has become available for a suitably qualified and experienced Cyber Security Engineer in Durban. The ideal candidate will be required to provide client security engineering services as well as Pre-Sales Support to Account Managers
- Focus on Security related to Infrastructure provided by the company. Work towards enhancing the security of infrastructure systems at our outsourced customer.
- Reduce and manage and security related risks.
- Ensure relevant Security measures are implemented and maintained on key systems deployed at outsourced customer. These include firewalls, VPNs, switches, wireless devices, Servers etc.
- Keep up to date on all security related issues.
- Use the Cybersecurity Assessment Report as a guideline to address best practices mitigation plan.
- Action all findings (critical events / incidents) from relevant NOC / SOC / Firewall reports.
- Ensure relevant security actions / investigations are executed in conjunction with the team.
- Assist outsourced customer to implement infrastructure related portions of their security policy
- Identify and assist with Security related projects and initiatives.
- Work with our outsourced customer’s auditors on security related audit findings.
- Identify any security risks and actions required to mitigate them.
- Conduct internal security audits and regularly review any changes that may affect security.
- Review relevant security LOGS (on an exception basis) and investigate and action relevant ones. (servers, firewalls etc.)
- Relevant Information Technology Qualification
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience
- Experience using vulnerability management tools, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and responding to network/computer intrusions and supporting inquiries.
- Knowledge of information systems security principles and methods, the requirements for certification and accreditation of systems testing and evaluation, and performance management methods.
- Knowledge of test and assessment methods to evaluate security authentication technologies. Knowledge of standards like PCI, SOC2, ISO 27001.
- Three (3+) years’ relevant work experience in a manufacturing company or as a security consultant / pre-sales engineer
- Ability to create and execute security monitoring tool sets such as DLP, SIEM and Web Gateway, Cyber Protection.
- Exposure to cyber security or SOC monitoring.
- Ability to support an information security strategy that supports business needs
- Understanding of the NIST Framework
- Network, firewall and Microsoft skills
- Industry recognized security certifications or various cybersecurity vendor product certifications
Should you not be contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful