A Packaging Industry in Durban has a vacancy for an experienced Paper Core Machine Operator/Supervisor.
• Understanding winding requirements;
• Glue scopes (what conditions are usable);
• Correct paper is used in production & slit quality;
• Monitor waste and methods on reducing waste material;
• Understand the mechanics of creel and belt (how to tighten/ loosen belt when required);
• Adjustments on paper tension;
• Turns setscrew and adjusts machine at specified angle for spiral winding.
• Adhesives – used evenly and correctly;
• Process on the narrowest ply which is under the belt and must contained correct amounts of lubrication;
• Balancing of papers (when fitting onto machine);
• Start-up & shut down of machine;
• Mounts core form on chuck of machine and wraps end of tape around form.
• How to add outer plys;
• Understand gaps pen and how to close when necessary;
• Familiar on wall thickness and should adjust when required;
• Checking on bonding (between 85& to 100%);
• Marking of reject cores.
• Removes completed cores from machine to stock bins.
Experience and Qualification:
• Grade 12/Equivalent
• 2 to 3 years’ experience as a Paper Core Machine Operator
• Accurate with an eye for detail
• Clear criminal record
• Willing to work shifts
Should you not be contacted within 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.