Organized and systems driven individual with strong leadership ability is required to manage high level of stock control and stock management.
In addition, this deadline driven individual will be required to:
- Ensure accurate receipting of goods and timeous issuing and distribution of raw materials and consumables
- Manage the Stores in compliance with the company policies, procedures and the OHS Act
- Achieve optimum utilisation through the efficient management, coaching, training and mentoring of staff.
- Continuously review and optimise operations to ensure goods are delivered to the correct departments on time and in full as per production requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Manage recycling/waste service provider to ensure area is kept clean and recycled and waste materials are removed timeously and according to the relevant procedures
- Manage returns from factory for non-compliant stock
- Manage the receiving and issuing of stock
- Manage stock take
- Ensure that health & safety within the Warehouse is adhered to
- Build cross functional teams - train & develop staff to be multi-skilled and therefore able to sustain the process improvements
- Manage the efficient transfer of skills to ensure we have skilled, capable and trained team/s
- Manage overtime and ensure this is approved
- Manage absenteeism, sick and leave to ensure that output of the department is not hindered
- Responsible for the control of casual labour utilisation
- Provide on the job-training where needed
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Matric minimum requirement.
- Related tertiary qualification an advantage
- Minimum 5 years Stores and material handling experience
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of Ms Excel
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamic NAV an advantage