An opportunity has become available for a suitably qualified and experienced Financial Manager in Durban.
Purpose of the role:
Responsible for the financial health of the company. Producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research. Guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term. Managing the local finance team
- Compile Management Reports for the Regional Executive, budget vs actual vs forecast. Review GPs, EBITDA, expense %
- Revenue by Customer requested on Adhoc basis
- Customer profitability reports when requested
- Vendor Spend reports requested on Adhoc basis
- Debtor comments on all debtors older than 90 days - liaise with Accounts Managers and forward to Accounts Receives
- Review the forecast against actual and consult with sales for explanations on variances.
- All other financial analytical requests received from National
- Check and sign-off Payroll on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that the allocated business unit budgets are compiled, reported and submitted (Yearly)
- Ensure monthly that certain provisions are raised in accordance with the agreed budgets. (Monthly)
- Report monthly to Regional Management on Budget vs Actual
- Review General Ledger, sales history, trial balances and check for any anomalies.
- Analyse Trial Balance’s per Business Unit per region
- Ensure monthly provisions/accruals such as leave, bonus, HDI, audit fee have been captured and any overhead expenses not reflected by end of month to be accrued
- Once the payroll journal has been uploaded to Axapta, check that the general ledger/trial balance amounts agree back to the final costing report which Payroll sends out.
- Check that salaries are pulling through to the correct general ledger account.
- Confirm with logistics that all costs not processed have been sent to accrue particularly costs against deferred
- Debtors Ageing review with regards to bad debt provision
- Review export revenue and validate general ledger postings
- Check Balance Sheet recons against the regional Trial Balance and supporting schedules (Deferred/ Backup Spares/ Trade Accrual detail).
- Review stock recons warehouse to General Ledger.
- Verify inputs and discuss with Sales team.
- Compiling of forecast for Business Units’ for submission to Central Finance Manager to consolidate into National number.
- Compile view of forecast for Regional Executive.
- Check and approve all overhead invoices for processing and payment by Accounts Payable.
- Check and approve all Fixed Asset journals (Nationally) on Axapta against supporting documentation submitted.
- Check, approve and sign all Capex requisitions against 3 quotes & budget (Regional)
- Check and sign sales quotes where applicable as per Corporate Governance
- Check and sign tenders in Regional Executive’s absence as per Delegation of Authority
- Check sign and approve BOM's on non-billable costs against Service Level Agreement's when required.
- Daily running of the regional Finance and Admin department (Durban & Richards Bay).
- Petty Cash, review and sign off expenses to be captured and draw reimbursement cheque.
- Attend various meetings with Regional Management & Ops Teams. These include meetings related to Facilities/ Shared Services (3rd party contractors)
- Check Docusign against budget for new appointments and highlight if positions were not budgeted for.
- Complete financial info regarding margins for billable resources for approval process.
- Commission calculation review for payroll. Update tracking to target per salesperson
- Contract KPI's and Performance Reviews for direct reports (includes receptionist) and do Performance Reviews when required
- KPI bonus incentive schedules drawn up with Regional Executive and tracked against performance reviews
- Relevant Accounting Degree or equivalent qualification
- 5 -7 years, 3 years in a management position
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- ERP System and knowledge (MS Dynamics, Dynamics 365)
- Valid Driver’s licence and own vehicle
- Management of the local FM Teams
- Manage the Team (Financials) with oversight on budgets and recons
- Engage with Sales team to have insight on large tenders and pricing checks