Excellent opportunity for production focused leader required to join market leader in Packaging Industry
This organized and efficient individual with strong communication skills will be required to:
- Manage the Flexibles Department.
- Develop a highly skilled and high performance team
- Develop a Shop Floor Schedule and maximise the utilisation of available resources
- Manage the execution of the schedule at least cost, and that all products conform to customer requirements.
- Control of production processes and shop-floor management to ensure compliance with specified production parameters
- Approve and manage product technical specification.
- Ensuring strict compliance with local- and group quality, hygiene and occupational
- safety regulations.
- Ensure that the required people skills are developed and available.
- Ensure that housekeeping of the highest standards are achieved and maintained.
- Ensure that machines are cleaned as per agreed schedules, and that cleaning is to
- required standard.
- Ensure that machines and equipment are well maintained at all times.
- Ensure ISO 9002 system is current and adhered to
- Ensure adherence to the BRCiOP (Hygiene) global standard.
- Ensure adherence to the ISO 14001 system.
- Evaluate the OPS Department’s performance, develop and implement action plans
- to ensure continuous improvement and a clear transition into a LEAN Manufacturing environment.
- Investigate customer quality complaints, determine root causes and implement
- corrective action timely that will eliminate re-occurrence.
- Cost and Budget management.
Qualifications & experience required:
- Production / Management Qualification/ Industrial Engineering Qualification.
- Profound knowledge and experience in the production and processing of printed
- and laminated materials (Gravure and HD Flexo-Printing, Solvent-based and Solventfree
- lamination) of the flexible packaging industry.
- Understanding of Health and Safety
- At least ten (10) years production management experience in the flexible packaging
- Project Management experience
- Strong technical capacity in gravure/HD flexo print and converting machine systems
- plus related infrastructure.
- Good knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Financial Management experience